Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewport DOF and Moiton Blur with VRayPhyscial Camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewport DOF and Moiton Blur with VRayPhyscial Camera?

Is there a way to get depth of field and motion blur in the camera viewport (not IPR) with a VRayPhyscalCamera? I'm not sure I ever found that, and sometimes it would be easier for showing viewport previews to clients.I can convert the camera back to an old school camera and enable multi frame, but is there a way to do this with a VRay Camera?

There's no way to do it at this point, I'm afraid. I've logged the idea as an improvement request (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12510), though.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

At least I am not crazy. Would be quite helpful to see in the viewport for larger scenes where IPR is not exactly interactive.Thanks.

Comment

The max implementation of multipass Dof/Moblur is quite basic.
        I am unsure we can match what the physical camera does when tracing with a simple multipass effect (f.e. with lens distortion of any type, or moblur with rolling shutter).
        If all you need is *some* result, rather than a proper representation of what the final render will look like, then it's likely easier if you swap to a max non-physical camera.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

That has been my solution for the cases where I need this. It is a poor representation, but sometimes people just need to get the idea of DOF or motion blur.

Comment

Working...
          X