rendering w/ xfrog trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rendering w/ xfrog trees

I keep getting uvw coord. warnings when rendering a scene w/ xfrog trees...has anyone had a similar experience? If so, is there anyway around it. Why is this?

Thx
    ST
    Indecisive archictects will be the death of us all.

Hi Shytigercp

i got them too a time ago. i exported as an vrml and reloaded it. this worked.

i am not sure. its maybe something with faces without area i think. not sure though.

good luck

Tom

Comment

ive had the same but only where ive imported them direct to scene as xfr. file not with pre-saved and merged.
      they work well as v ray proxies..

Comment

re

Tom, I tried exporting to vrml then importing it back in but that didn't seem to work because I'd have to re-map the whole thing...I must be missing something.

jow...Are you saying you import an xfrog tree, collapse it, close out of max, then merge it into your scene or use vrayproxy to bring it into your scene?

Thnx guys.

ST
        Indecisive archictects will be the death of us all.

Comment

ok you need to export from xfrog3.5 as either 3ds or obj format.3ds is probably easier,you then need import to max,grab the mats from the plant into the mat editor then copy the diffuse map into the opacity slot then with in the opacity map change the rgb intensity to alpha under mono channel output.then just save,simple!!!
          or just buy the models direct from greenworks in max format...
          cheers jow.

Comment

Hi, has anyone found a way around this (without jumping through all the hoops or having to purchase the max libraries)? Vlado? This seems like a problem only with the new build, didn't have these problems with earlier releases. The model will render in time, but with the warnings for instance, I get over 1,000,000 of them.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I found a pretty simple solution. Just export the xfrog plant as a .3ds (from Max) and then re-import it. Mapping is retained, as is position.
              Austin Watts
              Render Media

Blurring more than 20,000 cars since May, 2001.

Comment

but 3ds format doesnt support the alpha information in the opacity slot.

Comment

Originally posted by jow
                  but 3ds format doesnt support the alpha information in the opacity slot.
                  So you have to replace the material when back in Max? How will you survive?
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

So you have to replace the material when back in Max? How will you survive?
                    thats my point,why go to all the trouble import/exporting when you can just export from xfrog as 3ds format then just edit the material.just seams the easiest way to me....

Comment

Oh I see your point, I thought you were complaining that the Austin's fix was not good enough but Austin's solution is for trees already placed in a file that are giving errors. Your right, better to do it right the first time.
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

Ah, agreed. The re-export/import solution worked better in my instance because we modified the geometry once it was in Max and didn't want to do it all over

I probably should have included that earlier
                        Austin Watts
                        Render Media

Blurring more than 20,000 cars since May, 2001.

Comment

Working...
                        X