Vray manual download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray manual download

Is it posible to get a downloadable version of the manual soon?

//Daniel
    Daniel Westlund

I second that thought - such a pain in the ass to sign in and go online each time I have a question.

Comment

Tisho said it will be coming when Chaos releases the next version of the help file in the form of a .chm file so we can look at it from within Max. I asked about this, as many others have done the same, and that is what Tisho told me is going to happen. I'm assuming when Chaos releases the next version of Vray the help file will be with it. Can't wait for the next release for so many reasons!
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

I have the Help file in pda format.

If you want it, it's here: http://www.lovememe.net/nick/work/Vray1_5_Beta_Help.pdf

75MB though.

Comment

the only problem with a downloadable one is, what happens when they update it? Download a whole 75mb again each time.
          I dont think so.

As hadny as a downloadable one would be, for the mean time with all the updates etc that are happening the online one is the best option IMO.
          And when vray 1.5 comes out THEN they should release a downloadbale version as the updates and change will slow/stop for awhile.

Comment

nikulu. Thanks!
            Daniel Westlund

Comment

DaForce: I agree. Updating is a big issue with a downloadable version. However, one would have to admit it's really annoying having to login in order to access the help files.

roppin: No problem.

Comment

I just wanted to renew this thread as I'm frustrated by not being able to read the manual because vrayrender.com is down. As to having to redownload for updates, I don't think that's a big deal. Only specific sections are updated from time to time, and for reading the new bits I'm content to do that online. But I still refer to the manual for help with the QMC engine settings (et al) -- this stuff hasn't changed in years and there's no reason I shouldn't have a quick and handy reference PDF on my computer right now.

Shaun
                ShaunDon

Comment

yea, i'd made a pdf one a while back also.. so that it would be Searchable!!

but again, its pretty pointless to do it until the features are complete heh!
                  Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

What if your workstation is not on the internet though?

I don't care about downloading 76 mb or whatever because at least I have the thing and can put it on my workstation. I also have high speed internet too so it takes like 10 minutes to download if that.
                    rpc212
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

*bookmarked*

Thanks Juju!
                      ShaunDon

Comment

if you are using mozilla/firefox you can try scrapbook
                        http://amb.vis.ne.jp/mozilla/scrapbook/
                        https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

archives whole websites for offline browsing
                        works quite well
                        one could even try to translate the html into a chm file (chm is just a compiled html file)
                        there used to be a free tool for that

Comment

BEsides the fact that the docs are still updated another major issues are the tutorials...Vlado added some kickass tuts when they were ASKED for.....i can already see threads like this comming if chaos would do an official downloadable doc:

Question : I want to do xyz...how to do that?
                          Answer : look up the tut on XYZ in the docs...it explains it all
                          Question : WTF! MY DOCS DONT HAVE THAT TUT!!! I WAS RIPPED OFF!
                          Answer : you need to check the online docs to be up to date
                          Question : Where are they! Noone told me! this is almost as bad as next limit! WTF!

:P You get my point i assume :P

And personally i prefer vlado and the rest of chaos working on 1.5 rather then doing daily doc-snapshots *evilgrin*

Thorsten

Comment

**nods head in agreement**

Comment

Working...
                            X