No announcement yet.

Vray manual download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they said they will be doing a chm for Vray 1.5. Also about downloading the file, once the whole thing is done, updates are updates and are added to the file so the users would just redownload the "New" chm file, tutorials and all, and there you go.

BEsides the fact that the docs are still updated another major issues are the tutorials...Vlado added some kickass tuts when they were ASKED for.....i can already see threads like this comming if chaos would do an official downloadable doc:

Question : I want to do xyz...how to do that?
    Answer : look up the tut on XYZ in the docs...it explains it all
    Question : WTF! MY DOCS DONT HAVE THAT TUT!!! I WAS RIPPED OFF!
    Answer : you need to check the online docs to be up to date
    Question : Where are they! Noone told me! this is almost as bad as next limit! WTF!

Razz You get my point i assume Razz

And personally i prefer vlado and the rest of chaos working on 1.5 rather then doing daily doc-snapshots *evilgrin*

Personnally, I don't understand this argument because once the help file is compiled into a chm when anything is added it is re-compiled and uploaded to the support part of the Vray site and people can download at will. Surely looking at a chm file within Max is far prefferable to going onto the internet - logging in - clicking the link to the help file? If people have problems with simply using a help file then I can't understand how they can use Vray, let alone Max. In addition, I would rather have pertinent information at hand rather than going onto the internet. If one doesn't know where the help files are they clearly haven't invested much time in Vray and if they want to compare Chaos to NL that is their problem! Also making a chm that is kept up to date will avoid the problem that you illustrated about not finding a tutorial a, b, c or whatever and surely that is better than Vlado and the team wasting development time answering questions that are in a compiled chm help file that comes with the installation when one buys Vray. Sorry, I just think your argument is weak at best.
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

rpc212:
      Dont forget that max is updated once a year.. if that.

Vray is currently going thru continual updates and is ever changing.

If vray was update as regularly as max was then yeah a chm file would be brilliant.

Im sure once 1.5 comes out and the updates slow or even stop for awhile then we will definitly see a downloadable version of the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
        this is almost as bad as next limit! WTF!
        My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
        Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
        Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

@rpc : my point wasnt a general one. Just for the current situation with the ever evolving docs and feature-set. I´ll prefer a chm too once features are frozen and we´re getting 1.5!

Thorsten

Comment

Ahh, cool! I wasn't talking about right now either but rather when 1.5 comes out. Now would be ridiculous as DaForce said. Sorry Thorsten, thought you meant when 1.5 comes out.
            rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

You do NOT need to login anywhere.
              Just save a shortcut on your desktop, of the link:

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRayHelp150beta/

I have the shortcut at home and at the office. Never, once, it was down, whenever I want to check something, it is a double click away.

Someone at the office even printed the manual, in color. But it's a waste, it is already obsolete now.

Maybe in the future we will get a regular help file, which is updated at every new build, but so far I am not sure we really need a "feature request" on this...

By the way, I do use MAX local help file, but if that document was on the web, and updated every two months or so, I would use the internet one...

regards,

gio

Comment

That's Fine if your workstation has internet connection!
                rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Working...
                X