Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Render animation with composite adjustments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render animation with composite adjustments?

I would like to know if it is possible to render an animation with light mix and composite corrections.

When I prepare some frames of a shot, I usually use the "light mix", fix the lights, then click "to composite", and fix some elements with cryptomate masks.
    Every time I render again the vfb goes back to the lightmix tab and ignores the adjustments I just made.
    Luckily when I do still images it is not a problem because anyway if I click composite it keeps all the adjustments I made previously.
    If I wanted to render 100 frames wouldn't I have a way to save my beauty pass of each frame with all the adjustments made in the composite?
    Please tell me there is a way.

Umh, if you save out split channels, the CCs will be kept.
    However, for a sequence, you would need to manually switch to composite before the first frame finished rendering, otherwise the lightmix will be saved.
    That is, once the sequence has started rendering, the VFB will not change a thing anymore, and so you're the owner of the UI for good.
    I'm talking to devs to see if this can be made to stick, at least when the source is changed from MXS/manually.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
      Umh, if you save out split channels, the CCs will be kept.
      However, for a sequence, you would need to manually switch to composite before the first frame finished rendering, otherwise the lightmix will be saved.
      That is, once the sequence has started rendering, the VFB will not change a thing anymore, and so you're the owner of the UI for good.
      I'm talking to devs to see if this can be made to stick, at least when the source is changed from MXS/manually.

I hope sooner there will be an option in the vfb that allows you to stick to the section you want.
      It doesn't make sense to go back to the light mix every time if I have already set up the lights and I just want to render with all the adjustments I already set up.

Comment

The other thing that *could* conceivably be done right now would be to script the post processing of the sequence. (the marvels of a night's sleep.)
        In that case, you'd render to non-composited multichannel vrimg files, and then script the process to load the VFBL (composite preset saved out previously) and load each image to then save it out as color corrected.
        I can likely mock something up for the loading and applying part, if you need it badly (that is, before the devs have a chance to look into things.).
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Grigio18 View Post
          I hope sooner there will be an option in the vfb that allows you to stick to the section you want.
          It doesn't make sense to go back to the light mix every time if I have already set up the lights and I just want to render with all the adjustments I already set up.
          I wholly concur.
          We should have a way to let the automatic systems that it's ok if they don't automate, as we have already made our choices.
          I fear this wasn't done this way because of Logic/workflow limitations, more than oversight.
          In any event, i think a general option to turn off *any* such automation (b2b, lm, comp) would be welcome by anyone which needs to have complete control over the process.
          Lele
          ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by Grigio18 View Post
            I wholly concur.
            We should have a way to let the automatic systems that it's ok if they don't automate, as we have already made our choices.
            I fear this wasn't done this way because of Logic/workflow limitations, more than oversight.
            In any event, i think a general option to turn off *any* such automation (b2b, lm, comp) would be welcome by anyone which needs to have complete control over the process.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
              I wholly concur.
              I totally agree.

In my case it's not a big deal, the comp/post I do It in AE or FUSION for the final shot, but now I'm in the drafting/preview phase and it doesn't make sense, it would have been useful for me to have the direct shot preview with the vfb adjustments. whatever, Thanks for your interest on the matter.

Comment

You're welcome.
                Sorry for the double post, the forums played up.
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                X