Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to point Material Library button in 3Ds Max Vray 6... to the cosmos browser material library?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to point Material Library button in 3Ds Max Vray 6... to the cosmos browser material library?

Hi there,

we have updated our machines to the latest vray and are happy to have the material library for our 3DsMax 2022 installations now inside the cosmos browser. One machine (that also has other older 3DsMax installations active) does still point to the "old" (legacy) material library thouogh. How can I make point the material library button to the new cosmos material library instead (so this does open and not the legacy library that I donĀ“t want to kill as still in use for older Max and Vray versions...)?

Thank you,
    Martin

Hey Martin,

The redirect should happen if the V-Ray Material Library Browser folder is empty. The default download directory is C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\V-Ray Material Library
    https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/...ibrary+Browser
    If older V-Ray installations are at place, I'm afraid the legacy library will still open until the folder is removed.
    Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 06-03-2023, 12:21 AM.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,

thank you for your answer. Yes - the folder is not empty (as older installations still on site), but i did "test empty" and then redirect does work!

thanks,
      Martin

Comment

Working...
      X