composite the glare element over 0% opacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• composite the glare element over 0% opacity

Any ideas on how I can composite the glare element over 0% opacity?

Do you mean you wish to have a transparent background in the element? Usually, you comp it through an addition function (linear dodge, etc.). We do not output a mask, which would have been a solution. Otherwise, what's your use case?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks.
      I have a scene with objects floating in the sky surrounded by a glare. I have to provide output with the sky 100% transparent. So I need some kind of mask to either knock out the sky and leave the object glare, or a way to composite the glare element over the RGB output (with 100%transparent sky) in After Effects.

Comment

Not sure how you can do it flawlessly without a perfect mask for the lens effects. I've tried some methods, but the results are not great. The Lens Effects work by addition by design. I suppose in your case the Glare should be provided separately.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks. I'll continue looking and post if I come up with anything.

Comment

Addition is the “correct” approach, but in years past we used to “unmultiply” flares.

https://www.provideocoalition.com/un...out-a-plug-in/

It will not be the same as addition, but sometimes is adequate. Those principles can be applied to any compositing app.

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
              Addition is the “correct” approach, but in years past we used to “unmultiply” flares.

https://www.provideocoalition.com/un...out-a-plug-in/

It will not be the same as addition, but sometimes is adequate. Those principles can be applied to any compositing app.
              Thanks.
              That looks really useful.

Comment

Working...
              X