Vray orthographic camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray orthographic camera

Hello, I am testing the vray orthographic camera for elevation drawings of a building. Vertical elements like walls appear correct in ortho mode. But horizontal elements like floor plates still appear in perspective mode. (See image attached red areas) How can I change this? Thank you, Harald

I think that's due to the camera view (not vertically aligned, but still orthographic). Maybe you could try using the 3ds Max native Free/Target Camera with the Orthographic Projection option active.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you Aleksandar, I did some testing and found out that the camera and its target point need the same height (Z value). The camera axis has to be horizontally. Unfortunately there is no preview in the viewport. Ortho mode only appears when rendering.

Comment

Originally posted by harald_brutscher1 View Post
        Unfortunately there is no preview in the viewport. Ortho mode only appears when rendering.
        Yes, that's normal.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Just use a standard 3dsMax camera if possible and turn on orthographic projection. Exposure can be controlled in Environment/Effects.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
          X