Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast shadow only on selected object

Hello,

I want to generate a shadow of 3d people on the ground (interior scene), and I don't want to see the people, only the shadow. So I uncheck "visible to camera" and "reflection/refraction" and it works pretty well, excepted that it change a lot the general light (darker) for shure because it take part of the scene. Is it possible to setup a cast shadow only on selected object (ground) ?

It should be as simple as you have already done, so there should not be any change in lighting unless maybe you have
    auto-exposure enabled.
    You can post a simple version of your scene if that isn't the case and someone will be able to figure out what the problem is
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I don't use any auto-exposure. But I think it's normal it's the indirect light. For exemple, the sunlight arrive directly on the ground, the ceiling receive indirectly this light from the ground. Then if there is an object, there is less light on the ground, so less light on the ceiling.
      I can't send my scene write now sorry.

Comment

Try turning off "receive" and "generate" GI in the v-ray properties for the nodes, or via vrayMtlWrapper.
        You'll only get direct shadows, that way, however.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X