X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraybitmap back to bitmap

Hi,

I am converting Vray to Standard materials because my client wants to use the Autodesk viewer. I am using VrayBitmaps so I need to convert them back to the standard bitmaps if possible.
    I know there is a standard bitmap to VrayBitmap script, but I would like have it the other way around. Does anyone have some script intelligence to make this work?

Leslie
    3dsMax 2024 | Vray 6 (Update 2) | AMD 5950X | 128GB | RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Pro
  • Answer selected by hermit.crab at 06-04-2023, 02:53 AM.

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
    This should work to at least copy the filename over to a standard bitmap. It doesn't do anything with coordinates, crops, uvs, etc though so it's a bit limited. Might be good enough to get something over to the viewer though. Really untested though so save beforehand.

Code:
    for b in getClassInstances VrayHDRI do
    (
    if (b.HDRIMapName != undefined) and (b.HDRIMapName != "") do
    (
    new_bmp = BitmapTexture()
    new_bmp.filename = b.HDRIMapName
    new_bmp.name = b.name
    replaceInstances b new_bmp
    )
    )
    I've learned something, too. Thank you for answering!

EDIT: Created a proper script with UI for anyone wishing to use Autodesk Viewer. Note that it replaces only valid (not empty) VRayBitmaps used in the scene.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 06-04-2023, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Anyone from Chaos?

Comment

We do not provide such a script, I'm afraid. Writing one quickly will be challenging since the freshly created Bitmaps should be replugged accordingly.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          We do not provide such a script, I'm afraid. Writing one quickly will be challenging since the freshly created Bitmaps should be replugged accordingly.
          Ok, I understand Aleksandar! Can you give me a solution for exporting *.max files with bitmaps which can be opened in an Autodesk viewer? Converting to an Obj or Fbx does not work because of the VrayBitmap which are in al my maps. I have made 120 models which are now using VrayBitmaps.

Comment

This should work to at least copy the filename over to a standard bitmap. It doesn't do anything with coordinates, crops, uvs, etc though so it's a bit limited. Might be good enough to get something over to the viewer though. Really untested though so save beforehand.

Code:
            (
                (
                    new_bmp.name = b.name
                )
            )
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Code:
              (
              (
              new_bmp.name = b.name
              )
              )
              Thks dlparisi, I will try it out first thing in the morning!

Comment

Code:
                (
                (
                new_bmp.name = b.name
                )
                )
                I've learned something, too. Thank you for answering!

EDIT: Created a proper script with UI for anyone wishing to use Autodesk Viewer. Note that it replaces only valid (not empty) VRayBitmaps used in the scene.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by hermit.crab; 06-04-2023, 02:53 AM.
                Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X