Adaptative lights questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptative lights questions

How to get stable rendering with adaptative lights?
    Is rendering from frame 0 always get same image?

Like I need to re-render some frames, lets say 100-200 out of 1000, Will setting up vray to render frames [ 0,100-200 ] give me same image as previous render [ 0-200f ]?

Its first time I saw vray giving me different image every n-th time i pressed F9. A 2000 frame long Tyflow animation with 20 omni lights without shadows. I wasted few hours looking whats causing this and then...full light evaluation my saviour.

Omni lights without shadows are hardly material fit for optimisation, as they won't cast shadow rays.
    Adaptive lights work with V-Ray lights, and standard max lights with V-Ray shadows.
    We'll make sure to specify it in the docs.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Oh okay thanks

Comment

So what happens if you use use for instance an Omni light without disabling adaptive lights? Flicker? Something else?

i haven’t used any non-Vray lights in a decade or more, except for rare old school effects that might work well with a spot light.

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
          So what happens if you use use for instance an Omni light without disabling adaptive lights? Flicker? Something else?

i haven’t used any non-Vray lights in a decade or more, except for rare old school effects that might work well with a spot light.
          If I stopped animation render at any frame, and restart at that frame, vray would randomly ignore specific lights for specific objects, for the whole animation NOT frame by frame flicker.
          Like light ignoring is locked pseudorandomly on first frame you render.

I had to render 4000frames overnight so no GI, no shadows, no reflections

Comment

Thanks. Good to know. Glad you got yours to work by going back to full light evaluation.

Comment

Do you think you can provide the scene for this? Adaptive lights only work with GI enabled, so if you render without GI, V-Ray falls back to the "the light tree" method. This looks like a bug with the light tree which we should fix.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                Do you think you can provide the scene for this? Adaptive lights only work with GI enabled, so if you render without GI, V-Ray falls back to the "the light tree" method. This looks like a bug with the light tree which we should fix.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I tried send you scene link but you exceed quota limit or something

Comment

Working...
                X