alpha chanel shadow on hdri environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alpha chanel shadow on hdri environment

Hello, i have a question about alpha channel and shadows.

I use a scene with an object, below a shadow matte. Its rendering in a hdri environment. Everytime the shadow effects on the background, in this case the tiling is visible. Is there a way to avoid this?

Go to your dome light and make your HDRI invisible

Comment

I dont use a dome light in this scene. I just made a new file with dome light and made it invisible. So the object renders correct but there is no shadow or alpha any more

Comment

Add the image (HDRI) that you were using in the environment slot (I assume) to the dome light, and voilĂ !

Comment

Hello, today i tested the dome light, linked the hdri enviroment to the light but the environment shows up in the shadow. What else can i do? Maybe the shadow is the problem?
          Attached Files

Comment

Does the matte object's material have a bump map set? Best you attach the scene (and assets) so we can troubleshoot.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

The objects are using a bump map. I attached the scene.

Comment

This scene does not seem to exhibit the issue (maybe because of the missing assets?). Otherwise, I initially thought that the visible shadow streak is basically matte gi from the matte object's base shader, which does seem to happen when there's a bump map plugged.
                Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X