Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batch vrimg to jpeg using VFB script

Hello community!

I don't know if this would be useful for anybody else but even as a case-study is pretty interesting.
    I needed to save .jpgs from a large number of .vrimgs. so I thought of using the VFB and automate the process.
    I have to say that I have zero coding experience but with the help of chat GPT, after a couple of back and fourths he came up with the script in the attachment.

What a time to be alive
    Attached Files
    pixel bender @ panoptikon

Impressive!
    It got the erroring wrong, but it's somewhat minor compared to it finding out the right VFB-specific functions to call.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Can you share what the initial prompt was?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Can you share what the initial prompt was?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Hi Vlado!
        Unfortunately I don't have the original prompt but it was something like this. I need a script for 3Ds max that will go through some .vrimg inside a folder, load them in the vray frame buffer and save them as .jpeg.
        The first iterations did not work so I copy pasted the error message until it finally gave me something ok. Moreover I accidentally pasted the whole script without typing in my question... So in that specific situation, chat GPT looked over the script, told me what it does and them offered me ways to make it better. This is how I ended up implementing the option to search in the .vrimg folder and post an error message if no .vrimgs are inside and also the loading bar. The next step was to convert the script into python but currently Chat GPT has a maximum number of characters and I couldn't make it give me the whole converted script.
        pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Originally posted by garipodelu View Post
          The first iterations did not work so I copy pasted the error message until it finally gave me something ok. Moreover I accidentally pasted the whole script without typing in my question... So in that specific situation, chat GPT looked over the script, told me what it does and them offered me ways to make it better.
          My mind's officially blown at your strategy.
          It had never occurred to me.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X