No announcement yet.

Custom Subdivision on selected objects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Subdivision on selected objects?

Is it possible to add custom subdivision properties to only selected objects?
    For sample. I am doing animations. For the most part Min and Max settings that I use work great, however some areas light headlights and bushes get some grain flickering which I know can be resolved with a little more subdivision, however when I change the min or noise threshold the render times go up severaly due to it being applied all over. I understand why it does what it does, but some areas of the render are more forgivng than others where I know I look and my clients look.

Thanks in advance!

you have this in vray object properties...subdivision multipler

Comment

Originally posted by piotrek.m View Post
      you have this in vray object properties...subdivision multipler
      I was testing this last night. Sadly the render quality and render time did not improve one bit when I changed the value. As soon as I saw the setting I got super excited lol.

Will test again today to figure this out. If it works would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by RedStar View Post
        I was testing this last night. Sadly the render quality and render time did not improve one bit when I changed the value.
        You are right, that option is superseded by the adaptive sampler.
        You will get no benefit from it, unless you reverted to fixed sampling.

EDIT: your samplerate RE will let you know how to proceed with the sampler: if it's RED in places where you have leftover noise, the sampler simply reached max AA. Raising max AA subdivs will let V-Ray converge the noisy parts for you, without taking more time for the parts in the image that were not red in the sampleRate RE.
        Last edited by ^Lele^; 18-04-2023, 03:07 AM.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X