vrscene analyzer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrscene analyzer?

Does there existing some sort of vrscene analyzer that will list the objects in a vrscene and what is taking up so much space in the file? Trying to optimize some vrscenes, and would like to know what is eating up space.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Joelaff; 21-04-2023, 05:34 PM.

Not that I know of. I guess you can import it into 3ds Max and eyeball it. What sort of optimization would you like to do?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

On a project our vrscene files are ballooning to over a gigabyte (in one instance 7gigs, I sent this to support and there is another thread about it).

Trying to figure out if there are assets worth converting to VRayProxy in order to cut down on the file size, and make parts of the scene cacheable for rendering remotely.

It’s mainly a size optimization and debugging thing.

Comment

As I added to the other thread last night my main issue is these huge vrscene files sometimes being generated.

I think I narrowed it down to what I consider a bug… If you add objects to multimatte include/exclude then that mesh data for the objects in the multimatte gets saved again to the vrscene file.

If you add something that is changing at all it saves extra data for every frame of the animation and you get multi-gigabyte vrscene files from projects that should only be a couple hundred megabytes. Even adding objects that are not renderable inflates the file size.

Hoping we can get this looked into straight away since it influences Chaos Cloud as well.

Comment

Working...
        X