Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay Materials that cannot be baked via Bake to Texture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Materials that cannot be baked via Bake to Texture?

Is there a solidified list of what materials can or cannot be baked via Bake to Texture(BTT)? I tried to bake certain materials, such as VRayHairNextMtl and VRayALSurfaceMtl, on simple test spheres and all I got were black images.

What kind of map are you trying to bake? Works fine on a simple scene with a VRayCompleteMap
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi! Thanks for replying!

I wanted to bake RawReflection, RawDiffuse and RawRefraction filters for these materials (as well as others). Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Complete map itself is light dependent, correct? Because of that, I usually tend not to use it and default to the filters (or raw filters) instead, unless there's a way to somehow make it light independent, which is crucial for me.

Comment

It seems filter elements do not work with VRayALSurface/VRayFastSSS2/HairNEXTMtl in either regular rendering or baking. Not exactly sure why (it doesn't matter if there's light or not). I'll ask the devs about it and write back.

Originally posted by dgg_joao View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Complete map itself is light dependent, correct? Because of that, I usually tend not to use it and default to the filters (or raw filters) instead, unless there's a way to somehow make it light independent, which is crucial for me.
        It is, but, maybe, a VRayAmbientLight might do the trick.

Comment

Hi hermit.crab ! Just wondering if you have any news from the team about the baking of filter elements for these materials.
          Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          Maybe, a VRayAmbientLight might do the trick.​
          How would a VRayAmbientLight help here? A purely white light or...?

Comment

Hi hermit.crab ! Just wondering if you have any news from the team about the baking of filter elements for these materials.

Turns out Raw Filter elements are implemented only for VRayMtls.
            How would a VRayAmbientLight help here? A purely white light or...?

Well, yes. This way you'll get an ambiently lit Complete map (similar to albedo).

Comment

Working...
            X