Environment Fog makes scene darker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment Fog makes scene darker?

is there a way to have the VRay environment fog not make the scene entire scene darkerbut only show the fog where it is illuminted by the light? I have a dusk scene where I want to have some giant lights lighting a large field so I added an Environment Fog and selected just the lights I want to have the fog applied. There is also a low sun in the scene giving some general illumination. My problem is that even though I've selected just the lights I want to have the fog, areas that aren't illuminated by these lights are still darkened (based on the Fog Transpaency value). Is there a way to not have it do this or some other workaround?

I tried using a gizmo as well but then the fog just goes up the edge of the edge of the gizmo which makes it visible.

Lastly, I tried using the "Volume Light" environment effect but can't seem to get that to work with the Vray Lights.

Any help?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

You have a gizmo falloff radius that controls the fading edge of the gizmo.
    Last edited by Vizioen; 29-04-2023, 10:43 AM.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Thanks. I did experiment with the falloff radius which did reduce the hard edge visibility but it was still darkening within the volume of the gizmo regardless. I was just experimenting more though and was able to minimize the visible darkening almost all together by raising the fog distance significantly (by about a factor of 10) while raising the "Affect Atmospheric" on the lights by a similar factor. This seems to do what I want and only have the fog visible in the cone of the light.
      Last edited by dlparisi; 29-04-2023, 10:59 AM.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
      X