"0 viewport shaders compiling..." takes several minutes to start Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "0 viewport shaders compiling..." takes several minutes to start Max

Hi Guys, don´t know where to put my question, but maybe its close as possible here... =)

I installed Max 2024 and all was fine. Startuptime was fast and everything else was working flowless. I installed Max 2022 and same here all great.
    Then I installed Max 2023 and during startup down in the information bar the message "0 shader compiling" appeared. This leads to a insane loading time of Max over 4 Minutes, then I kicked it.
    I tried to start 2022 again and strangewise same now over here, wich wasn´t before. So 2022 and 2023 are taking now ages to start.
    If I then start 2024 again, it is starting quiet very quick and flawless.

Whats going on here`? Somebody an idea`?

Are you certain this is V-Ray related? Does it happen when you uninstall V-Ray?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for erply Hermit.,
      I indeed recognized, that it might be connected to a Vray Installation. When I uninstall I installed a trialversion of vray 6 and it happened the same to 2024 now as well.
      ( "0 viewport shaders compiling..." accours as well)
      So maybe there is also something wrong? I am not in Europe as I usually located. I installed the latest License Server but no luck.
      Am I understanding right: at least I have only to be logged in an if online activation is showing me a green dot (left beside the dongle way) It should work right away in the Software itself`?

So, not able to optain a license as well:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2023-05-18 093623.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.3 KB ID:	1181136

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2023-05-18 094828.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1181137

Do from there come the big delays? ( I had that once and as soon the Lic was recognized, it was fast as ususal)

Last thing, that came in my mind is, that my grafic board (Geforce GTX 970) might be a struggle? But in the end, entering Max without Vray, it works all fine with that board and serves its purpose for now.

Another thing that happend is, that the Vray Scatter pluggin (stuck on showing under the splashscreen) was not loading after a fresh install of Vray 6 on Max 2024.
      I removed the Pluggin and and it ends up twith the shader compiling trouble as well. But Scatter is not that importent for now. I just wanted to mention it.

Comment

And I cant find my other products like Vray 5 in the list:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2023-05-18 100042.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	1181140

(wich was the one I installed here)

seems, that I am probably using a different loggin? How can I find out my one containing my Vray 5 License?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2023-05-18 100802.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.9 KB ID:	1181141

Last edited by caypiranha; 18-05-2023, 01:26 AM.

Comment

So, it seems. that a missing License is leading to extream lags. As long I stay under Arnold e.g. all is fine. but as soon I switch to vray, it becomes a nightmare. I dont know why, but somehow the licensserving is working now and all runs smooth again... why this 0 viewport compiling issue? Maybe someone knows it... =)

Comment

A down license server will definitely cause all kinds of slowdowns.. at startup, when you open the render settings, when you add certain VRay objects, or even some materials. VRay checks for the license quite a lot (too much if you ask me-- bad actors are gonna work around it regardless; so why inconvenience legit users?).

Comment

it´s working now, but I lost half a Day because of this confusiness. Chaos why? Can´t you go along a normal popup, wich is informing the Clients? Although the message 0 viewport compiling is missleading to different ideas what might be wrong. 5 minutes waiting.. thats bullshit. And then you are trying and trying and trying and wondering and wondering and wondering.. why?... thanks for the fun! =)

Comment

Make sure you only have one license server listed in your settings. We had an old license server listed as a backup and that would make it take even longer.

If it’s a DNS issue then that adds it’s own long timeout (two minutes is a common dns timeout). Using ip addresses in the licensing settings is faster, if less convenient.

Comment

Working...
                X