Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bright white irrad map at higher resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright white irrad map at higher resolution?

I'm working on a project where the irrad map blows out to nearly pure white somewhere around 1700x1100 but renders perfectly fine at normal preview resolutions - say 850x550 or less...

I had the interior scene pretty much right where it needed to be and decided to render overnight at a higher res and print it to go over any final additions... The render showed up pure white.

So now I have the scene open and I can change to 850x550 and it works but if i set it to 1700x1100 it's white... It's not like this is my first interior or anything, I'm doing much of the same stuff I always do... I've gone over all the obvious stuff but fyi i'm rendering using irrad / light cache + show progress so I can tell on the first irrad map pass that everything is white... Really weird. There are no special materials or strange objects in the scene...

3ds max 7.5, XP Pro SP2, Dell Precision 470, VRay Adv. 1.47.03

Any suggestions?
    Christopher Grant
    Director of Visualization, HMC Architects
    Portfolio, ChristopherGrant.com

You might try saving the light cache and imap fronm the 1700 render and using them on the larger.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
      You might try saving the light cache and imap fronm the 1700 render and using them on the larger.
      Sorry, in my rambling explanation I think I wasn't very clear...

I can do small preview renders but not larger ones... Of course as I'm writing this I'm thinking "duh... make a high qual irrad map from the low res render and use it on the high res" ... It's a decent work around but its aggravating to be able to queue up a bunch of scenes at the same resolution and only this one gives a white image...

I can't believe I didn't think of that work around... I think I was too caught up in figuring out what the error was I didn't even try the obvious route... LOL...
      Christopher Grant
      Director of Visualization, HMC Architects
      Portfolio, ChristopherGrant.com

Comment

Working...
      X