Projector through smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector through smoke

Is it possible to use a VRay light as a projector that gets larger with distance, but doesn't get blurry? And, most importantly, I want the projection to cut through fog. I can do this with a standard Max light, but I'm having difficulty with a VRay light. And the only way I can seem to get my scene to render on the ChaosCloud is if I delete my standard Max fog lights.
    - Geoff

If you want to get the projection larger, then make it depending on the distance of the Screen (don't know if wiring still fulfill its need)
    I also had that problem, that using Vraylights does not give a satisfactory result about having fog in the light. I used Max´s standard Lights as well there.
    If Chaoscloud makes problems.. use an other renderfarm - there are some well working ones out there as well. (but it must work there with Std Lights as well, since it´s totally implemented in the Vrays Renderengine - see shadow attributes "using Vray Shadows")

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Chaos Cloud supports standard lights. What lights do you use?

light as a projector that gets larger with distance, but doesn't get blurry
      This is not a physically accurate phenomenon. Only a laser will not fade with distance but it consists of parallel rays so it will not expand either.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X