Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to save the VRayPhysicalCamera's default settings to what I most commonly use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to save the VRayPhysicalCamera's default settings to what I most commonly use?

So I don't always have to change things to my settings.

One solution could be to make a VRayPhysicalCamera to your settings and save the file as a MaxStart.max so it will be loaded every time you open a new Max scene.

Comment

Yeah not much of a solution in this instance. Appreciate the idea though.

Comment

An other solution could be done with a small ".ms" Script via Maxscript. And set a shortcut to the toolbar so it create a custom VRayCam in one click.
        But i can't write Mascript code

Comment

ChatGPT can write Max script, more or less, with some trial and error.

What I do (pre max 2024) is I already have a camera in my template that I just clone when I need, so everything is more or less set up. Normally (from my experience) every camera that you create after, will take those already defined settings or the most recent used settings at least.

Also in Max 2024 you can set defaults now when you right click on any setting in the command panel, so that might be your best bet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4N-jDWOH0
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
          X