No announcement yet.

Does powerbooleans work well with Vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does powerbooleans work well with Vray?

Hi,

I am looking into getting Powerbooleans as the Max booleans are not reliable. Does Powerbooleans work well with Vray or are there rendering problems when using Powerbooleans?

Thanks,
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

All npowersoftware Plugins (PBooleans, PNurbs PTranslators etc) work very well with vray. The only thing to take care of is not to use the "s-sided mesh" Option as double-sided faces are a nono with vray.

If you check the galleries you´ll note that quite many pics are in fact rendered with vray there

Thorsten

Comment

Thanks Thorsten,

I am going to look further into Power Booleans. Certainly would save a ton of time modeling.

Anyone else have comments on Power Booleans?

Thanks,
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

We just did an animation with a complex bottle that builds up in a very complex bolean.

NO , absolutely no way with maxboleans to do so.

Powerboleans worked better, but at this complexity it also did errors about all 20 frames. these one had to be rendered again.

Oh yes and befor i forget.

Id didnt work this way on backburner. Each frame had to be a single renderjob.

with about 1000 frames, this could only be managed with a script. arrrgh.

but without powerboleans there would have been no way at all.

Tom

Comment

As of modelling i´d suggest to give PowerNurbs a try (currently in open BetaTest). It´s a KICKASS Nurbsmodelling Toolset inside max. And actually includes PowerSolids. Great to work with.

Thorsten

Comment

Working...
          X