Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with transparent background

Hello
    I'm still learning vray, and i was trying to create this cab, with a transparent background, but when I save it and use a (red) background in photoshop, it looks terrible
    I have tried everything I found on the internet to solve this, but I cant get it right
    I'm using no background in the scene, only a slightly lightened environemnt
    then I use a plane as shadowcatcher
    In the VFB it looks ok, but when I save it as png then it is kind of washed out (the one with the red background)
    I have attached the info of the environment and the glass material to this post
    Can someone help me to get this right?
    Attached Files

You'll need to leave the environment background colour as fully black for a correct alpha.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i did this and I ended up with the same washed out image
      I also tried to switch Affect Channels to color + Alpha, with the same effect
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kenia_orellana View Post
        In the VFB it looks ok, but when I save it as png then it is kind of washed out (the one with the red background)​
        Have you tried saving to an image format with a larger bit-depth (i.e. .exr)? The VFB shows 32-bit color whereas .pngs are limited to 8-bit.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post

Have you tried saving to an image format with a larger bit-depth (i.e. .exr)? The VFB shows 32-bit color whereas .pngs are limited to 8-bit.
          This did the trick, Never thought about that
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X