Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayMultiSubTex - percentage used

Vray Jedi,

I was wondering if someone could help out with a material set up. I am using the VrayMultiSubTex to randomize some colors on objects using obj ID. This is working great. I wanted to know if there was a node I can add to make it so I limit the percentage of how often one color is used. IE: I only want yellow to show up 1% in the randomization? The only thing I can compare to is kind like in FP where you can tell the percentage how much a tree model is used.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Murph​
    Last edited by PixelWindChill; 03-08-2023, 02:01 PM.

I don't think there's a way of doing this, though it does seem like an interesting feature to have.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Has been added to the list of future improvements. https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...ex-probability

Any ETA on that?

The way that I do it, so I have at least some control, is to duplicate maps/colors so there's more of a certain color. But achieving 1% yellow, would mean duplicating another map 99 times, not very feasible.

You can try multitexture for now too.
      Last edited by Vizioen; 04-08-2023, 01:25 AM.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Vizioen I should have checked the wish list before posting as you describe the exact request. I hope they add this as your right in your other post since fp/rc color is not supported in Vantage (last I read at least) I think a lot of us are looking for alternate ways to do things. There are for sure some work arounds but it would nice to have that automation.

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
        Has been added to the list of future improvements. https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...ex-probability

Any ETA on that?

The way that I do it, so I have at least some control, is to duplicate maps/colors so there's more of a certain color. But achieving 1% yellow, would mean duplicating another map 99 times, not very feasible.

You can try multitexture for now too.

Comment

Hi! There isn't any clear ETA on this issue yet. Nevertheless, we are regularly checking if people are asking about this feature. I will add this topic to our system which will help to raise the priority. Thank you for your suggestion.

Comment

You could use two Multi-SubTex nodes with, say 10 options each. If the second node goes into one of the 10% chance slots of the first node then you could use each of the slots in the second node for a 1% chance, etc.

Definitely better to have the weights, but still possible.

Comment

Smart, wouldn't have thought this could work.
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

exactly the feature i just need for randomization of fascades.....so if possible please add a propability feature for each slot. THX
                Last edited by roboxx; 05-02-2024, 02:57 PM.
                3DUO | Robin Arnecke
                Visualisation + Animation

www.3Duo.de

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. I've added it to our issue which is registered under VMAX-12860.

Comment

Working...
                  X