Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurbs wireframe rendering

Hi,

I have to do a render where some objects need to be 'see-trough'. When I give them a material with some refraction and ior=1.0, then you don't see what the object represents anymore.

So I want to show the objects edges. With vrayedgestex, all the mesh lines become visible (see example). With vraytoon, all objects get lines around them.

Is there a way to render a wireframe, but only on object edges?

Any help greatly appreciated!

wouter

Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

playing with the settings on the vraytoon can do that (Check the help, i dont recall which setting).. or you can render a 'pass' with ink&paint and save the ink layer out via the render elements in scanline..
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Yeah but then all objects get lines.

I found a workaround by exctracting the curves of the nurbs objects and making them renderable.
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Yes, that is a nice idea...
        Looking at your image - reminds me the old days, with MAX 5 and importing
        3Ds from AutoCAD...
        All the solids come just like that... with all the edges visible...
        .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Couple things to try, play with the angle setting in the vray toon, you might be able to get rid of the line, or convert to an editable poly and remove the triangle edge keeping the model to quads

Comment

Working...
          X