X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Vray Mesh Exporter Workflow

Afternoon.
    I have an issue.

When I export out planting , via the Vray mesh exporter, I use the settings as attached.
    When I use Forest pro, i seem to never get them to render in GPU.
    GPU 4090, and the proxie display comes up but the full mesh won't render.
    Any advise please.
    Thank you

Phil

Attached Files

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you able to render the scene successfully on the CPU? Are you able to render a simple scene consisting of for example teapots instead of the tree models you are showing? What is tour V-Ray version and your 3ds Max version?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you. I will give it a go after work today and let you know.

Comment

So I did a test, with the tea pot and it worked fine.
        I then did a test with a tree, and from a corona collection and them converted it, and worked fine with FP. So I don't know it may be an issue with an old proxy from corona and converting.
        I may be wrong, When it comes up again I will send in the file.
        Thank you for your help all the same. it is very much appreciated.

Comment

Thank your the follow up. If you are using Forest Pack you can keep your models as meshes if you have enough memory to store a bigger sized scene. When instancing with Forest Pack the memory consumption during render time will be the same as if using instanced proxies. The difference is only when you open and save the scene so if you do not have too many models you could keep them as mesh as well.

Comment

Vladimir
            Thank you , I will keep that in mind. Much appreciated.

I have another question if you don't mind.
            May be a simple one.
            I am trying to trace over a GE Plan Image of the region, ands the view port texture map is not come up good enough to see the outlines of houses etc.
            I have gone to Viewport config, and set the viewport textures to 4096, but still not good enough to View.
            How do i get the image good enough quality in the viewport to trace over.
            The original image is 12K
            Thank you.

Phil

Comment

Hi, I am not sure what is the maximum supported resolution by 3ds Max's viewport. Why not create a plane and apply the texture to it? You can freeze it or make it semi transparent or both depending on your needs. If you make the plane with the same size as your image in pixels you will not need mapping. You might need to scale the whole rig though. You will need a reference from real life to do that relatively accurately. Use a big object, for instance a road going from one end of the patch to the other and measure it in maps, then scale accordingly.

Comment

Thank you
                I do that on a regular basis.
                I found the option in the texture slot, that says show texture at full resolution.
                I am only back at using Vray for the last few months after years of Corona.

But thank you
                Have a good day.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                X