Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Always wondered why VRalMtl isn't at the top of this list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always wondered why VRalMtl isn't at the top of this list.

This is usually the first thing I'm looking for here. Are the others above used more than VRalMtl from this menu?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	212
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1193604

it's alphabetical.

In maya, you can have a list of "favorites" that you select, maybe there's a way in Max to do that as well?
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

just a question to get used to it. But when your eyes are quickly searching for not so much used notes, I would like to have thumbnails in front of them. Wondering here in this screenshot that there are still some left (once they had been all there... all black or so... )
      but new thumbnails would increase the usability. But I don't know, and at Autodesk the same problems, why there isn´t a mind for that. Jobs like UX Designer / UI designer are not increasing without any reasons. Some Softdev. are recognizing, that it is a lot about that.

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
      This is usually the first thing I'm looking for here. Are the others above used more than VRalMtl from this menu?

in the end: hotkey, or the button on the Icon menue. with that click, its already attached to the selected object - even!

Comment

alternatively, you could try using something like this. in Maya & Nuke, hitting TAB brings up a search menu and you just start typing the name of the node you want. I'm guessing Max doesn't have this feature, but looks like there's a script that does it:

https://vizbox.gumroad.com/l/searchbar?layout=profile
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Hi,
          as Buck says so well, in 3DS Max's Slate Editor you can create groups and drag whatever you want into them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Favorites.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1193880
          Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
          Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
          3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
          Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
          GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Working...