vray toon limitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray toon limitation

I've been successfully using vray toon for a while to get a hidden line pass. But it's not working with large scenes. Seems to be leaving out most of the lines at random. Any ideas?
    "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    -Mitch Hedberg

Been working on something similar. Tweak your Normal and Outline Thresholds. Large Scenes are a problem as the Thresholds are not screenspace i think.

Thorsten

Comment

Thanks for the reply but still no luck.
      -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Try higher AA and see if that helps. I think that usually does it for me. But watch out for that memory!
        Tim Nelson
        timnelson3d.com

Comment

Here's one I did a few months ago but I forget exactly what settings I used. But it is possible to get a nice looking line drawing.

Tim Nelson
          timnelson3d.com

Comment

Thanks for the help. I ended up exporting the whole scene to 3ds and importing it and merging the camera to a new scene. Works fine. Something wacky with that particular file I guess.
            -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I'm trying to get more information on Vray Toon. There's no mention of Vray Toon in the help index online, and so I couldn't determine whether or not it comes with Vray Advanced or if it's a separate plugin (obviously I hope I already purchased it and just didn't know it.) So, could someone please tell me what are the procedures for rendering with Vray Toon? Thanks, and sorry for the newbie question.

- Alex

Comment

Vraytoon is an atmospheric effect - it comes with Vray Advanced. You can add it in the Atmosphere's rollout in the Environment and Effects panel.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Now, I can play.

- Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X