Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I fast bake to Texture a displacement map

Hello everyone!

I have some objects with a complex Blend material applied and would like to simplify them.
    I would like to Bake also the displacement to a single texture, what is the easiest and fastest way?
    I can't find a VrayDisplacement or VrayHeight, or something similar in 3dsmax's Bake to texture.
    The only option I have is to insert the displacement and blend masks into a composite and insert this composite into the diffuse of a new material, but I'm looking for a faster way since I have several materials I want to bake.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.​

Originally posted by Grigio18 View Post
    I can't find a VrayDisplacement or VrayHeight, or something similar in 3dsmax's Bake to texture.
    There's no such map, I'm afraid.

Originally posted by Grigio18 View Post
    The only option I have is to insert the displacement and blend masks into a composite and insert this composite into the diffuse of a new material, but I'm looking for a faster way since I have several materials I want to bake.​
    This is the way to go. After you plug the composite into the diffuse or self-illumination of the fresh shaders, you could create a VRaySwitchMtl to help out with the switching before rendering.

EDIT: I'll see if this can be scripted, hang on.
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 21-12-2023, 01:51 AM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I wrote you a script that will automate the process. Select the objects, which have a VRayDisplacementMod and click the button. The script will take the displacement tex, apply a new VRayMtl with the tex in the diffuse slot, and open the BTT menu with a VRayDiffuseFilterMap ready for baking. Try it out.
      Attached Files
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X