Moving a Model to 0,0,0 Still?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a Model to 0,0,0 Still?

Its a common issue with Max and Bringing CAD in.
    Everybody works to Proper world coordinates these days, but always has to be brought back to 0,0,0, or else there is problems.

Has anybody come up with a solution to this. its always been an Issue and having to have Autocad also to clean up, and move the drawings or Models.
    Help would be useful.
    Thank you
    Phil

For me, just the civil comes in out in space. CAD files are usually suitable.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Generally for me, any exports I receive from Archicad or Revit are pretty close to 0,0,0. Autocad files are usually the issue. I move these files so they are centered to 0,0,0 to head off any issues with Max. I also create a reference line of the move that I can snap to if I receive any additional files from the client from the same location.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
        Does the model and textures become currupt if the models is moved back to the Geo ref position?

Comment

V-Ray takes care of minimising the model's extents (i.e. it translates things to world center as needed at rendertime.).
          What's the issue you're facing, exactly?
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Lele
            Thank you for the reply.

I have to work with Ministration files and they are all Geo referenced to the World position.
            So All drawings and Models have to selected Grouped and brought back to 0,0,0, so they don't explode all overt the screen, the lines have thickness.
            A multitude of issues generally.

3D Models from Microstation are no fun, Again can explode and move in a scattering manner too, and objects that are refs in the original files and a single objects on max.
            Railings and handrails in both revit and Microstation are a nightmare.

Phil

Comment

When I've worked with CAD that's a million miles from 0,0,0, the easiest thing is to modify the CAD before importing so the CAD is at 0,0,0. If you have a nice client, they'll do this for you!
              Dean Punchard > Head of CGI at HUB

Comment

Ya , I am well aware of that, I am just dumb founded why Autodesk have ignored the fact that every body else is using the correct Geo system and they just refuse to accept it and do something to accommodate it.

Comment

Working...
                X