chaos scatter render decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chaos scatter render decals

Is there a way to have decals scattered by chaos scatter and render the scatter directly instead of converting them to geometry? I haven't been able to get it to work and was wondering if I had missed a switch somewhere

Thanks

V Miller

Originally posted by vance3d View Post
    Is there a way to have decals scattered by chaos scatter and render the scatter directly instead of converting them to geometry? I haven't been able to get it to work and was wondering if I had missed a switch somewhere

Thanks

V Miller
    If you mean this: VrayDecal + Railclone / ForestPack - Chaos Forums

Then no, not without replacing a scattered box or similar with a vraydecal. If enough people ask they might consider making it work.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

What Vizioen said. FYI, I've added your request to our log (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12495) as well.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I was referring to the scatter capability in vray with chaos scatter and not using forest pack or rail clone since I knew those wouldn't work having read the post you linked to above. From what I've seen, chaos scatter works the same way as forest pack in that you can scatter the decals but it won't actually render them until they are instantiated out. It would be really great to have "render live" capability instead of having to bake it out essentially

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Comment

Working...
        X