viewport issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewport issues

how does everyone see in their viewport, a nice even lighting that shows all surfaces without have black dark surfaces and some light or material showing?

i've set the "active viewport settings" a thousand times to 2 default lights, it always seems to go back to 1 on the next viewport or project.

i've put up with this for years now. something changed a long time ago and i started having issues.

is it a renderer thing? or 3ds max thing? i hate to use the area forums so figured i'd ask here.

thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi, thanks for posting.

is it a renderer thing? or 3ds max thing?
    Unless you have enabled Viewport IPR it is a 3ds Max thing.

Try to switch your viewport shading mode
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2024-02-09_13-07-59.gif Views:	0 Size:	333.9 KB ID:	1201705

This is now V-Ray IPR looks in this scene:

Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2024-02-09_13-15-12.gif Views:	0 Size:	224.0 KB ID:	1201718
    https://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/s...9_13-15-12.gif
    Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 09-02-2024, 04:18 AM.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I always use Standard with Flat Color shading, and turn off all the bells and whistles, like progressive skylight, shadows, AO, ... Anything else and 3ds Max is either slow and too dark, etc, can't see what I'm doing when modelling, texturing or placing assets. I switch a lot between Flat Color and Clay mode too. For big archviz scenes it's the only way to go I feel.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

There’s a script here you might try:

http://www.scriptspot.com/forums/3ds...default-lights

Maybe see if it works then save it to your startup scripts?

Comment

IPR in viewport like that is very cool. however, i usually put IPR window up on 2nd screen for others to look at when we're jamming.

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
          Hi, thanks for posting.

Unless you have enabled Viewport IPR it is a 3ds Max thing.

Try to switch your viewport shading mode
          Click image for larger version Name:	3dsmax_2024-02-09_13-07-59.gif Views:	0 Size:	333.9 KB ID:	1201705

This is now V-Ray IPR looks in this scene:

Click image for larger version Name:	3dsmax_2024-02-09_13-15-12.gif Views:	0 Size:	224.0 KB ID:	1201718
          https://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/s...9_13-15-12.gif

Comment

woa that script looks like exactly what i need. although sometimes it doesn't work.

flat color seems like a good quick option to change to. i might switch to that, although it's a little "bright" when i have a lot of light materials ha (white ceilings/walls)

i never understood why we can't just set and forget.

also, wonder if it's worth having a 3ds max users sub-forum to discuss things like "what do you do?" or "how tos" even if it's not vray related. a lot of forums i see just aren't that great, but when i'm stumped i do go to the autodesk forums ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by s_gru View Post
              woa that script looks like exactly what i need. although sometimes it doesn't work.

flat color seems like a good quick option to change to. i might switch to that, although it's a little "bright" when i have a lot of light materials ha (white ceilings/walls)

i never understood why we can't just set and forget.

also, wonder if it's worth having a 3ds max users sub-forum to discuss things like "what do you do?" or "how tos" even if it's not vray related. a lot of forums i see just aren't that great, but when i'm stumped i do go to the autodesk forums ugh.
              Hence the only reason I use facebook is the stack group there. Best place to get an answer imho concerning 3dsMax. stack | Facebook
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
              X