Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Face Window Sill (Modifier)

Hi all !

I would like to reproduce a window sill similar to the attached image...

I tried with a BUMP then with a VRAYDISPLACE and I can't do it...

Am I in the right direction ? Or is there a more effective modifier to achieve this ? Or its my Bump file who are not ok...

Thanks in advance !​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eric_dube; 15-02-2024, 09:50 AM.

Here are the both results and my Bump file...

Attached Files

Comment

It's not entirely clear what you want to do, but if you want to get rid of breaks on the edges, then simply enable "Keep continuity" in the VRayDisplacementMod settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	keepcont.png
Views:	74
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	1202160
      V-RayMax Converter PRO
      MAXTools

Comment

Originally posted by 3DZver View Post
        It's not entirely clear what you want to do, but if you want to get rid of breaks on the edges, then simply enable "Keep continuity" in the VRayDisplacementMod settings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	keepcont.png Views:	0 Size:	2.2 KB ID:	1202160
        Sorry, English it's not my native language...

I would like to create something similar in the first pic...

Is there any other modifier that could help me to do this or "BUMP" it's the good one ?
        Last edited by eric_dube; 15-02-2024, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eric_dube View Post

Sorry, English it's not my native language...

I would like to create something similar in the first pic...

Is there any other modifier that could help me to do this or "BUMP" it's the good one ?
          I think that the usual "Bump" will not suit your purposes very well. In places where a more expressive relief is expected, it is best to use the VRayDisplacementMod modifier. Also, you can use the standard "Displace" modifier to create the required relief surface on an object.
          V-RayMax Converter PRO
          MAXTools

Comment

Originally posted by 3DZver View Post

I think that the usual "Bump" will not suit your purposes very well. In places where a more expressive relief is expected, it is best to use the VRayDisplacementMod modifier. Also, you can use the standard "Displace" modifier to create the required relief surface on an object.
            Ok great !

I rarely use this modifier, I only use it for lawn, so I'll read up on it and see what I can get with it !

Thanks !!!

Comment

Working...
            X