3dsmax/vray to VR model walk around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax/vray to VR model walk around

I need to convert existing interior models made in 3dsmax and vray into VR walk arounds so my client can view the whole design.
    Are there any new work flows for doing this?
    Enscape looks like the perfect tool but there is no integration to 3dsmax.

Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Vantage is to use what Enscape is to Revit. I am not sure there is a viewer for Vantage.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
      I need to convert existing interior models made in 3dsmax and vray into VR walk arounds so my client can view the whole design.
      Are there any new work flows for doing this?
      Enscape looks like the perfect tool but there is no integration to 3dsmax.
      You might have already found a solution for your client by this time, but I'll still respond. I use Unreal Engine for this. I export my geometry from 3dsmax as Datasmith (plugin needed: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/datasmith/plugins), then use Unreal Engine, start a new project, choose the VR gaming preset.
      Then I link the Datasmith, define a Navmesh for the VR navigation and it's ready to look at. Clients who are not familiar with VR will already be blown away at this point. It might still require some tweaking, like setting up proper lighting and materials. Unfortunately, some of the Vray shaders won't work. But Unreal has an amazing shader library, you can quickly replace all the Vray Materials with native Unreal mats.

Comment

Aebi- Vincent
        Could i ask you to record the process video like and upload it please. Its a great solution if it works that easy..............Does it?

Comment

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post
          Aebi- Vincent
          Could i ask you to record the process video like and upload it please. Its a great solution if it works that easy..............Does it?
          You want me to do a video of the steps I described? That's impossible right now due to reasons. I could run OBS the next time I work on something like that. But I'm sure OP will find loads of beginner tutorials if he wants to look into the UE solution.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
            OBS = I presume records your screen.
            OP = Other people?

You must be short of time.
            TY
            Phil

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
              OP = Other people?

You must be short of time.
              TY
              Phil

Exactly, OBS will record my screen, OP means "original poster", meaning jacksc02 in this case.
              No, it's not a matter of time shortage.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
                Precisely it's a free and open screen recording software https://obsproject.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AEBI_VINCENT View Post

You might have already found a solution for your client by this time, but I'll still respond. I use Unreal Engine for this. I export my geometry from 3dsmax as Datasmith (plugin needed: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/datasmith/plugins), then use Unreal Engine, start a new project, choose the VR gaming preset.
                  Then I link the Datasmith, define a Navmesh for the VR navigation and it's ready to look at. Clients who are not familiar with VR will already be blown away at this point. It might still require some tweaking, like setting up proper lighting and materials. Unfortunately, some of the Vray shaders won't work. But Unreal has an amazing shader library, you can quickly replace all the Vray Materials with native Unreal mats.
                  Just out of curiosity but afaik Unreal doesn't come with a shader library? Or do you mean megascans or the likes?
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

Just out of curiosity but afaik Unreal doesn't come with a shader library? Or do you mean megascans or the likes?
                    Yes, sorry for not clarifying. I mean the megascans, but also the countless materials in the marketplace. I meant to say that there are tons of quality and very accessible materials for Unreal projects out there in general.

Comment

Chaos needs a free Vantage viewer.
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com
                      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment