Output Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output Ratio

Are there any standards nowadays? My clients rarely care, so I go with 3,840 x 2,160 (4K). I have been thinking about switching to a 3:2 aspect ratio. Any thoughts?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

There are no standard, so choose whatever format gives you the best result.
    For general views and large rooms I use 16:9, 14:9 or 4:3 coupled with focals between 30 and 18mm , 3:4 for smaller rooms or details coupled with focals between 36 and 80mm. Sometimes I also use 1:1.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

I wont say that its an standard because there arent any kind of it, but In many cases people use Social network (instagram-tiktok) frames like 4:5 or 1:1 or 1.91:1 or 9:16
      Last edited by ChuckRT; 19-03-2024, 08:11 AM.
      Carlos Rodriguez
      RTstudio
      Tutorials

Comment

I tried square, but I wouldn't say I liked it. Most of my clients use their images for the web.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          Are there any standards nowadays? My clients rarely care, so I go with 3,840 x 2,160 (4K). I have been thinking about switching to a 3:2 aspect ratio. Any thoughts?
          Totally depends on the viewpoint.

Comment

Have you considered the Hasselblad approach? Render squares, but compose for your intended rectangle(s). Then you have extra should you need to reframe from horizontal to vertical. If you render a little wider (and higher res) than needed you have even more flexibility in the cropping. Just have to be sure to account for that in resolution, and make sure you sure not compromising your hero framing.

Of course this take longer to render and you really don’t want to compromise your hero framing(s). In a perfect world you use multiple cameras with your desired aspect ratios and frame each one just right.

Comment

Working...
            X