Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to subtract all influencing factors from VrayAerialPerspective using LPE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to subtract all influencing factors from VrayAerialPerspective using LPE.

hello.

I am creating an outdoor scene in vray6.
    We created an environment with VraySun and SKY, and added "VrayAerialPerspective" for fast and realistic atmospheric effects.
    There are many lighting materials on the streets. (Not direct lighting)

To create an emissive render element, I wrote the following formula:
    (C<RD>.*O)|(C<R[GS]>.*O)|(C<T[GS]>.*O)|(CO)

It looks perfect at first glance, but "VrayAerialPerspective" is recognized as an Emitting Object (O) rather than a Volume (V), and is included in the Emissve render element I wrote.

However, inserting labels into many lighting materials is too time consuming.

The default RE, "VrayAtmosphere", does not include reflections/refractions affected by "VrayAerialPerspective", so it cannot create a complete Emissve render element.

I only want to create a lighting material (not direct) element.

Please help me.​

Thanks for the report. I can confirm your suspicions about VRayAerialPerspective acting as an Emissive effect in LPE. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-14075) for dev investigation.

I tested a bit for workarounds, but none of them are perfect:
    1. Extract the VRayAtmosphere RE from the LPE in post (this may work if you don't have other fog effects)

2. Setting an object/material label would still not work, since the VRayAerialPerspective's reflection would still be seen. However, you can try mass setting an LPE object label to all scene geometry with this little script:
    Code:
    for each in geometry do (getUserPropBuffer each; setUserProp each "lpe_label" "my_label")
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 28-03-2024, 11:33 PM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      Thanks for the report. I can confirm your suspicions about VRayAerialPerspective acting as an Emissive effect in LPE. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-14075) for dev investigation.

I tested a bit for workarounds, but none of them are perfect:
      1. Extract the VRayAtmosphere RE from the LPE in post (this may work if you don't have other fog effects)

2. Setting an object/material label would still not work, since the VRayAerialPerspective's reflection would still be seen. However, you can try mass setting an LPE object label to all scene geometry with this little script:
      Code:
      for each in geometry do (
      setUserProp each "lpe_label" "my_label"
      )​
      Thanks for your answer.

In solution 1, even if “VRayAtmosphere RE” is subtracted from VFB, the refraction of reflection is not subtracted. (I did not use any other fog effect)

Number 2, I haven't set any LPE labels in my scene file yet.
      Does this script specify "my_label" as the LPE label for objects in the entire scene?
      However, this script doesn't work for me (3ds max 2022, vray6).
      An error occurs at line-2.

Are there any labels for materials with emissive properties (vraylightmtl, vraymtl-self_illumination)? Or is there any way to label "VrayAerialPerspective"?​
      Last edited by kiyeol_paek; 28-03-2024, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiyeol_paek View Post
        In solution 1, even if “VRayAtmosphere RE” is subtracted from VFB, the refraction of reflection is not subtracted. (I did not use any other fog effect)
        That's what I meant by not perfect.

Does this script specify "my_label" as the LPE label for objects in the entire scene?​
        Yes. I've edited the code above. Note that the same issue will appear (VRayAerialPerspective reflections/refractions still present).

Are there any labels for materials with emissive properties (vraylightmtl, vraymtl-self_illumination)? Or is there any way to label "VrayAerialPerspective"?​
        Sorry to say, there aren't wildcards for either emissive properties or VRayAerialPerspective.

I guess rendering the LPE element separately without VRayAerialPerspective may be the only solution.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X