Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayProxy or ForestPack Libraray for vegetation

Hey everyone,

Question for all the Arch-Viz Artists out there. Something that´s bothering for some time, because I don´t know if my workflow is really efficient.

Do you convert all your vegetation models (f.e. Evermotion, Maxtree, Globeplants) to VrayProxy or do you add them to a ForestPack Library and import it from FP?
    Or do do you use something else?

Right now I convert all models to VrayProxy with a script and don´t add them to a FP library.
    I import the models as VrayProxy and add them to FP to scatter.

I guess I started this way because it was somewhat tedious to add the models to FP library. I know they improved it in one of the latest versions, so it might be easier now.

Importing single object as VrayProxy is fast and I don´t have to create a FP object for it.
    On the other hand it get´s more and more complex if I need a lot of different models in my scene.

Thanks

Hi, if you can get away without using forest pack why use it. For instance there are many tasks that you can use a manual painter with proxies. This could be a script or the one built in 3ds Max. For scattering of course you'll need Forest Pack or Chaos Scatter, which comes with the V-Ray installation. And if you have many different models involved, lets say 30 different types of trees you can use VRayProxy together with Forest Pack or Chaos Scatter instead of the mesh models. This will reduce scene size a little (may not be that little in some cases).
    Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 29-04-2024, 08:20 AM.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X