Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polycarbonate material

Hey.
    Attached is my result and the result I would like to receive. can not do it.
    This is a wall made of polycarbonate panels
    Does anyone have an idea how to get the desired result?
    I would be very happy to get help.
    Thanks​
    Attached Files

I could be wrong but It seems that your reference has some kind of frosted glass not policarbonate ​but maibe you need to change the tiles distance, I found this project with more references maibe this could help

Gallery of Ecological, Lightweight, and Slender: Energy-Efficient Architecture with Translucent Polycarbonate - 1 (archdaily.com)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	170
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	1207630Click image for larger version

Views:	166
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	1207631Click image for larger version

Views:	164
Size:	537.8 KB
ID:	1207632​​​​
    Last edited by ChuckRT; 01-05-2024, 04:04 PM.
    Carlos Rodriguez
    RTstudio
    Tutorials

Comment

Thanks Carlos.
      The architect drives me crazy
      He wants polycarbonate like in the picture I attached, which will be dark and almost not transparent
      And I can't get the result​

Comment

Originally posted by roysgi View Post
        Thanks Carlos.
        The architect drives me crazy
        He wants polycarbonate like in the picture I attached, which will be dark and almost not transparent
        And I can't get the result​
        The final product must be images or animation?
        In the first case, before request make you mad, did you evaluate to "paint" the final effect with a texture that simulate that kind of refraction? Or make some masks to make some post production in Photoshop?

It seems that you'll never reach a similar effect in a realistic way as the buildings are completely different.
        The attached image you posted show that behind those panels, there are large rooms painted as white...in your building seems that you have that panels as cover for the facade. So, if is like it seems to me, it will be impossibile to get it without faking.

Comment

Thanks Bardo.
          The final product is for stills - not for animation. I tried to avoid adding texture - but to use vray material. Attached is the result I got​
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by roysgi View Post
            Thanks Bardo.
            The final product is for stills - not for animation. I tried to avoid adding texture - but to use vray material. Attached is the result I got​
            Well, the final result seems fine.. I'm not sure that everyone will see polycarbonate but you're constrained bby the building design....so i don't think you could do better than this.
            I hope your architect is happy!

Comment

Working...
            X