Denoise render elements on IPR while stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denoise render elements on IPR while stop

Hi, I havent use render elements in a while, I have notice that when using IPR if the image has reached the time limit or noise treshold, the denoiser (I use Intel) cleans all render elements if marked
    But if you stop the image it only denoise the beauty (RGB Color) is this normal?
    Could we have Denoiser applied to the rest of the channels even if we stop the image?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	473.3 KB ID:	1208087Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	963.0 KB ID:	1208089​​​
    Last edited by ChuckRT; 08-05-2024, 06:29 PM.
    Carlos Rodriguez
    RTstudio
    Tutorials

Originally posted by ChuckRT View Post
    But if you stop the image it only denoise the beauty (RGB Color) is this normal?
    Yes. The elements will get denoised after the rendering is finished.

It would be easier to just generate the Denoiser elements, stop whenever you wish, and denoise all elements through the vdenoise.exe afterward.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Actually the stop button in the VFB is aborting the render and does not execute any post render steps (like render elements denoising)..
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thanks hermit.crab I'll try to use it, but....
        yavor.rubenov Could we have the possibility to denoise render elements while aborting too?
        Carlos Rodriguez
        RTstudio
        Tutorials

Comment

Somewhere in the TODO list we have the idea to actually make two buttons - Stop (that stops rendering but then runs post processes) and Cancel (that aborts everything).
          Yavor Rubenov

Comment

we have the idea to actually make two buttons - Stop (that stops rendering but then runs post processes) and Cancel (that aborts everything)
            Mmmm I think that having 2 buttons will be confusing, specially if we have them in the same place that need to be pressed in order to select one, we could forget which is which or maibe I want to "stop" to have the postprocess but I click on Cancel
            I dont know, I would just want one button and still have the postprocess active, we could always have an option in settins to not do that
            Carlos Rodriguez
            RTstudio
            Tutorials

Comment

So long as the buttons have very descriptive tooltips I like that idea. The tooltips should describe exactly what each button does

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                Somewhere in the TODO list we have the idea to actually make two buttons - Stop (that stops rendering but then runs post processes) and Cancel (that aborts everything).
                This sound great, is this feature still under consider?
                Best regards,
                Jackie Teh
                --

3ds max design 2023, V-Ray 6, Update 2.1 [6.20.07 build 32575]
                AMD Threadripper 1950X @3.40 GHz | 64GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3070 ti
                Email: info@sporadicstudio.com
                YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SporadicStudio

Comment

Yep - still something we have in the plans. Not sure when we'll get to it but it is there..
                  Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Working...
                  X