Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Scene converter Corona Legacy vs Corona Physical

Hi
    I was very excited that the vray converter has improved very well, however there are still somethings that needs to improve, for instance
    I have noticed that when converting vegetation rather to use a 2-sided material its using a single vray material, from Corona Physical material the ressult is seamless,with translucency, its map its being connected and has thin-walled too
    but while converting from Corona Legacy the thin-walled option its not activated.
    There are some rare cases while converting with Corona Physical this error message appears and the conversion fails (something about scale units)

​" formatted = units.formatValue cpm.attenuationDistance--needs rescaling to cm from whatever system units it was expressed in "

Hope you could take a look into it
    I attach the file of the object and a video,​ this other video is showing the convertion from both materials, I couldnt attach the file for those objects

Click image for larger version  Name:	error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	288.1 KB ID:	1210915
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ChuckRT; 21-06-2024, 04:59 PM.
    Carlos Rodriguez
    RTstudio
    Tutorials

I distinctly recall fixing the inf.0 issue with incoming corona materials, but it seems it didn't stick (VMAX-13604, updated).
    Will make sure it does now.

How did you input *infinite* into the material spinner?
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 01-07-2024, 01:50 AM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi Lele
      I have had tested more assets and the converter is doing the job with the vegetation that uses Corona Legacy, It activates the "thin-Walled" option, dont know whats going on with the one that I shared.

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
      I distinctly recall fixing the inf.0 issue with incoming corona materials, but it seems it didn't stick (VMAX-13604, updated).
      Will make sure it does now.

How did you input *infinite* into the material spinner?
      Thanks, hope this will be stick in the nexts nightlies.
      On the other hand, sincerly I dont know anything about the "infinite" material spinner, where is it? this asset came from 3dsky, so I dont know anything about it.
      Carlos Rodriguez
      RTstudio
      Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckRT View Post
        Hi Lele
        I have had tested more assets and the converter is doing the job with the vegetation that uses Corona Legacy, It activates the "thin-Walled" option, dont know whats going on with the one that I shared.
        There is no material in the attached scene, just a mesh and a texture file.

Thanks, hope this will be stick in the nexts nightlies.
        It will, yes, i notified the right people this time around, sorry for the mishap previously.

On the other hand, sincerly I dont know anything about the "infinite" material spinner, where is it? this asset came from 3dsky, so I dont know anything about it.
        Could you share the shader in question?
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention that the materials are in the material editor, I couldnt upload the complete scene because it has more than 10 mb, it didnt ocurre to me to use simple geometry, here is it again, hope this helps
          Attached Files
          Carlos Rodriguez
          RTstudio
          Tutorials

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention that the materials are in the material editor, I couldnt upload the complete scene because it has more than 10 mb, it didnt ocurre to me to use simple geometry, here is it again, hope this helps
            I couldn't find it: if you "save selected" and the shader isn't on the geo, it may get dropped. (see below)
            The new upload has it, though, thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	41
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	1211313
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Did you tried with the slate editor? I never use compact.
              Carlos Rodriguez
              RTstudio
              Tutorials

Comment

Right, finally saw the culprit in the flesh:
                Notice how the distance spinner is empty, even if the whole section is grayed out.
                Normally that spinner is set to 0.0 for new materials, and from a user's side one can only input numbers, not the value of "infinite".
                Could this be happening promoting corona Legacy shaders to Physical ones?
                Converting the legacy shader you attached with the Corona converter leaves the value at 0.0, would you be able to track the Physical shader origin a bit more?
                I only ask as if it's something that happens routinely in some conversion, it's better to warn the authors of that converter as well: translation of the infinite value to a humongous one in V-Ray will produce bad results anyway.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	6.1 KB ID:	1211316
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Did you tried with the slate editor? I never use compact.
                  I did not, my bad.
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                    Right, finally saw the culprit in the flesh:
                    Notice how the distance spinner is empty, even if the whole section is grayed out.
                    Normally that spinner is set to 0.0 for new materials, and from a user's side one can only input numbers, not the value of "infinite".
                    Ok so if I put the value of 0.0 will I get a proper convertion or it needs more than that? because I tried and I get the same ressult

Could this be happening promoting corona Legacy shaders to Physical ones?
                    Do u mean that.... try to convert the Legacy to Physical using the Corona converter?

Converting the legacy shader you attached with the Corona converter leaves the value at 0.0, would you be able to track the Physical shader origin a bit more?
                    sorry I dont know what you mean with this

I only ask as if it's something that happens routinely in some conversion, it's better to warn the authors of that converter as well: translation of the infinite value to a humongous one in V-Ray will produce bad results anyway.
                    you mean the Corona Converter auothors? or .....

The thing is, sometimes I use this script and it gives better ressults than the Vray converter, It worked with this file, didnt give me errors.
                    Carlos Rodriguez
                    RTstudio
                    Tutorials

Comment

Ok so if I put the value of 0.0 will I get a proper convertion or it needs more than that? because I tried and I get the same ressult
                      Any numerical value you can actually input will convert fine.​

Do u mean that.... try to convert the Legacy to Physical using the Corona converter?
                      Poorly worded by me, sorry.
                      I meant, yes, that i converted the Legacy material you gave me with the Corona converter, and it converted correctly the value, it didn't make it an infinite.

Attached Files
                      Lele
                      ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                      X