Another Motion Blur issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Motion Blur issue

Hello everybody ... some days ago I've posted a thread about VRay and it's screwing up of the velocity channel inside RPF files. The solution was to use the velocity channel from the scanline renderer and mix them together in a third party compositing program, which in my case is Combustion.

That worked - well, almost. I'm facing some other problem now which might not be VRay specific, but as the community here is so dedicated I hope this is the best was to get some help.

I have an animation of a spiining plum that lasts for 25 frames. I'm using the motion blur effect inside Max which seems to use the g-buffer information for it's calculation.
    The problem is that on frames 18, 20 and 22 the motion blur seems to explode due to a corrupted g-buffer velocity channel. All the other frames are fine. What can that be?

Here is frame 22 where the error is most obvious.

Thanks for your help in advance .... Andreas.

How was the plum animated ? Because when animating with reactor you get inbetween keys and as they are only used in MoBlur Calculation the MoBlur can get pretty fucked up.

Thorsten

Comment

The plum was animated using a clean and nice EulerXYZ rotation ... no reactor was used.

Greetings ... Andreas.

Comment

Try a different rotation controller (maybe linear or smooth rotation). Also, considering all these issues, would it not be simpler to just render the plum with 3d motion blur?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado ... believe me ... I already would have switched to VRay's build in motion blur if the result wouldn't look even funnier. See the image here ...

The material was set to a grey "Standard material" to avoid going into too much details concerning VRay materials (which I usually apply to my geometry). With the VRay material it looks the same just in purple.

So at the moment there is no way out to get rid of this really simple scene ... either Max itself or VRay are making problems here. I guess I'll grab my good old Wacom tablett and start painting again.

I seems, that in a lot of areas VRays settings are still a little bit complicated and hard to understand.

Greetings ... Andreas.

Comment

If you can send us at least a part of your scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com, we will probably be able to resolve the problem.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Vlado ... but I seem to have found the source of the problem somehow ... it was the symmetry modifier that still was on the geometry ... I don't know why that causes so much problems but well ...

Greetings ... Andreas.

Comment

yeah, its best to collapse all modifiers exept the ones that are absolutly nesecerry before rendering to avoid this.
                Dmitry Vinnik
                Silhouette Images Inc.
                ShowReel:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
                X