How do I get a realistic jacuzzi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get a realistic jacuzzi?

Hello everyone. I've got a problem, and I was hoping you may be able to help.

I am trying to model a pool and spa for a health club movie and although I've found some good water materials in other threads, I really want to be able to produce a realistic bubbling jacuzzi.

I am messing around with particle systems in 3DS MAX and there's a default for bubbles, but this doesn't give me the foaming water that I want to see.

Any ideas, links, tutorials or help in any way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has the world gone mad........................or is it me?

blimey - thats a tought call. I'd love to hear a suggestion.

My only idea is to film a real jacuzzi from above and use the vid as a texture map, but its a bit lame.

What about a post effect in combustion or something?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

you could use a particle system and metablobs. Have them die JUST after hitting the surface so you get this turbulent effect on the surface. who knows, it might work

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

we had a project a while ago and i filmed jacuzzi at my wife's work...used that as diffuse map, mapped on animated noise plane.. :P it looked pretty real...
        :P

Comment

Combustion Displacement map

I had to do a bubbling pot of chocolate recently - similar to a jacuzzi - right ? Anyway the solution I came up with was a churning displacement map done in combustion combined with a particle flow particle system. It looked pretty good. I think that would work for a jacuzzi - albeit with maybe hundreds of thousands of particles. I got some interesting effects using smaller combustion particle smoke maps with Vray displacement, although we didn't use this in the finished animation as it looked more like sewage . A light white - material would make the same thing look like foam and bubbles.
          A word of warning with the motion blur in combustion, when particle flow particles dissappear (bubbles bursting) they cause black horizontal smudged lines in your animation - well they did in my animation anyway.

Good Luck

Comment

Here is something i picked up while ago, looking around the net one day.
            I cant remember where i got it. But im sure it can help you get the foam/bubbles thing going somehow. (i think its a standard raytrace file but thats easily changed.

http://www.apex.net.au/~daforce/vray/schaum_mat.zip

Comment

Oooh, thats nice! Except for the bump being reversed of course

Comment

Of course
                But at the same time, if you had the bump going the other way the bubbles would be little holes and that would look wrong. But i guess it would look better than it does now, thats for sure.
                Ideally the bump needs to be re-worked or have some sort of 2 layered bump or displacement used.

Comment

displace them, would probalby look better
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

http://www.framebox.de

Original scene come from here.
                    =:-/
                    Laurent

Comment

Yep thats the one.

Thanks priad

Comment

square water, cool

Comment

this is a scene we did a while ago (sorry for the low quality) there is an outdoor jaccuzzi here.
                          we used rpc fountains inside the pool + water mat + noise animation ,
                          kinda lame sollution but it worked well for us since we never got closer then this.
                          http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

Guys, thanks for all your help. I've gotta say that I'm amazed by the response.

That's given me so much to go at, I'll post the solution and the results when I'm done.

Many thanks again.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has the world gone mad........................or is it me?

Comment

Working...
                            X