Lost Bitmap in Some Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Bitmap in Some Buckets

Hi, I'm not sure if this post belongs in General or in Bugs, but I have a strong preminition that this is definately my fault, and has nothing to do with Vray's programming. Anyways, attached is a single frame from a walkthrough I'm currently working on (my first in Vray.) I changed my GI settings for this part of the video because it's the only part where the lighting changes (due to a door that opens as the camera approaches it.) I had no problems when rendering for the walkthrough before this point; I was using an IR map (multiframe incremental at Medium Animation) and a Light Cache (walkthrough mode with typical settings.) At this point in the scene I had the system calculate both the IR map and the LC for each frame, and I'm starting to lose my mapped material for the door in some spots. I am VERY new to working with Vray, and I apologize if this is a common issue that is posted everywhere, but I couldn't guess on how to search for other threads on this issue. Okay, thank you to anyone who can provide some assistance.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/servl...posting1-1.jpg

- Alex

Is there DR involved in this... because if there is - looks like missing maps... ???

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Are you using VIZ 2006 by any chance? If so, please look in the "Problems" section for more information on V-Ray and VIZ 2006 (there is a sticky topic).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, I am using VIZ 2006, and no, I am not using DR (haven't tackled that challenge yet with our network.) I'll check in the problems section, but I remember hearing that the newest Vray Advanced doesn't cooperate perfectly with VIZ 2006 and that maybe I should switch to an older version of Vray. I would like to avoid having to go through registration and all that again, and I'm concerned that I'll lose some features by using an older version (not that I'm using the full potential of my current release.) Anyways, thanks for the help.

- Alex

Comment

Working...
        X