Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripe render goes crazy

Hi everybody

I have searched the forum for this problem but did not find anyone else experiencing it.
    When we render a scene on our farm using stripe render, it really does weird stuff. Some stripes are rendered properly, other are totally messed up.
    It is a simple scene, all the furniture is xrefed, everything else is in the scene, IR map for primary (set to single frame, no precalculation), QMC for secondary bounces.
    Those errors seem to be random, when I resubmit the job, the farm renders a new set of stripes with totally different look.
    Any suggestions ?

Good render (single machine)
    [img]ftp://visitor:newlands@ftp.newlands.cc/tests/orig.jpg[/img]

Stripe render (1st submission)
    [img]ftp://visitor:newlands@ftp.newlands.cc/tests/stripes1.jpg[/img]

Stripe render (re-submission)
    [img]ftp://visitor:newlands@ftp.newlands.cc/tests/stripes2.jpg[/img]

looks like modernist art i think

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

i happends the same to me, i use to think that is a network problem, but first i use to think that the error was because i change my network from 100mb to 1gb but i went backwards an the same, i have 9 machines and before 3dsmax 7.5 everithing was ok, but im prety shure about the relaiton betwen 3dsmax 7.5 and the backburner error, so i dont have any solution, if someone finds it pease help....

sorry for my english.

Comment

this is very strange. My suggestion to you is to take a simple scene, like teapot on the plane (with some quasi gi) and stipe that. Try to narrow down to wheather its the xref thats causing this or something else.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

We had some problems that look like that, even on a normal render (no stripe). it was cause by hi access to the server (windows xp sp2) containing all the maps and xrefs. If we send in pause and that started by hand the slaves (with a given interval) it would render all ok. this happend in a scene that had something like four (diferent) 400 mb vrayproxies, about 20 (diferent) xrefs and 200 maps. [edit]Sometimes even frames render with missing objects/maps.[edit]

hope it helps.
          Daniel Santana | Co-Founder / Technical Director
          You can do it! VFX
          Lisbon/Porto - Portugal
          http://www.ycdivfx.com

Comment

It looks like it's missing the lighting solution in the second image - as if it's not connecting to a shared IR map.
            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

yes, here we do the same, we send the file in pause and then start the slaves one bye one but when we try to render videos like normal frames, it happends to, like frames without maps or missing proxys...

Comment

Working...
              X