New Vray Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vray Camera

I was wondering if the Chaos team could add a retina settings into this new feature, Simulating human vision would be great for interiors.

It's just an idea!!
    show me the money!!

perhiperal vision with extreme DOF?
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

If you accuratly tried to simulate human vision you would make the viewer throw up from getting so dizzy.

The way your eyes percieve the outside world is very different from a camera, you have a huge field of view but most of it is out of focus, you just dont notice because whatever your looking at is in focus.

Its probably possible but its also pointless. For interior animations I tend to do nice wide sweeps with large FOV.

Comment

50mm is closest to human vision.
        -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

Originally posted by dellis
          50mm is closest to human vision.
          That is a very arbitrary POV (pun intended), but is considered the norm when a person is focused on a subject like a person. When considering a space, such as architecture, a larger FOV is generally considered. Also, for film, movie screens are large enough that your eye can travel along the screen not capturing the whole screen, so much larger FOV are used. The average lens in cinema for a cinemascope production is around 21mm.

Comment

Thanks for that info Chris, very interesting
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I have a distant uncle that is a psycologist whos main focus is vision (and the brain). I had a long conversation about this with him. The average person shifts focus at least around 20 times a min, even when in deep conversation with a person. If you actually tried to show this, you would think the person was on drugs. Women of course are very aware of this, as they notice how many times men look away from their face. Men, are unaware how how often they do this. The best thing to do is to think of the images that you create as "windows" and make them wide enough to see what you want to see, then let your eyes do what they are doing to do anyway.

Comment

I think the human eye is more like 15mm, maybe even less. I can see a WHOLE lot more than a 50mm can. But my visual distortion is not what a 15mm would be. or... maybe my brain corrects for it
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

if this can help anyone

http://www.swift.ac.uk/vision.pdf
                  =:-/
                  Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by Buck
                    I think the human eye is more like 15mm, maybe even less. I can see a WHOLE lot more than a 50mm can. But my visual distortion is not what a 15mm would be. or... maybe my brain corrects for it
                    Actually you can see pretty close to 180 degrees, but you have very few cones on the side of your eyeball. Just put your finger to the side and see when you start to see it. BUT, you have a large concentration of cones in the center of your eye ball, which is why objects that are in your periphery are not very clear. In CG terms, they are low res. Object that are in front are higher res. That zone of focus has been equated to being approx 50mm.

But again, you can't think of the image that you are creating as being the same are your eye, as your eye will explore that image, like it does anything else in nature and will always be detached from it.

On the other hand, your rods (night vision) have a more of a concentration on the sides of your eyes. This helps at night to alert of you of danger comes from the sides.

Comment

I agree with you, all my good photograph friends have said to me that the Fov of the human race is 50 mm
                      But never forgotten we have two eyes and a brain, they aren't always fixed on a point...
                      In CG term: very difficult to simulate hehehe
                      Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by priad
                        But never forgotten we have two eyes and a brain, they aren't always fixed on a point...
                        In CG term: very difficult to simulate hehehe
                        Yeap... all you need to do is look at my friend Charles' eyes in a bar in Venice CA on a Friday night. None stop movement.

Comment

lol
                          Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                            Yeap... all you need to do is look at my friend Charles' eyes in a bar in Venice CA on a Friday night. None stop movement.
                            Yeah, the Canal Club will do that to a guy... although I've heard Good Hurt aint that bad either.

Comment

only 1% of our vision is good, all the rest is blurred and your side vision is even colored by your brain... If you look at something, your eye shifts very rapidly to scan it and you think you're seeing everything in focus. Just try to look at a text at one word and try to read the words around it without shifting your eyes, it's impossible. If our eye would work like a camera, we could read a whole page of text without moving our eyes, that would be cool though!
                              Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
                              X