Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to.... Distributed rendering

hi mates,

Could anyone direct me to a link or tutorial maybe, on how to setup distributed rendering with vray 1.47.03?

Any help is greatly appreciated

/Ryan
    if you find a bug...kill it.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRay..._rendering.htm

Best Regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

That was really fast! Thanks mate!

Comment

Anyway, does DR already work on 1.47.03?

Comment

can the vray fans confirm DR on 14703 with max7?

Comment

I've used it here with 7.. (But tend to use RenderStrips more)
            Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Hi,

What is render strips?

Comment

been using DR here for the last couple weeks and its been working 80% of the time...

-dave
                Cheers,
                -dave
                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I've been using DR for almost a year with very few problems. Most of which have been my fault.

DR has dramatically improved my ability to turn out projects in a reasonable time. I can't live without it!

I can't wait till they get it working with lightcache!!!!!!!!!! Then, all will be right with the world.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by TRGraphics
                    I've been using DR for almost a year with very few problems. Most of which have been my fault.

DR has dramatically improved my ability to turn out projects in a reasonable time. I can't live without it!

I can't wait till they get it working with lightcache!!!!!!!!!! Then, all will be right with the world.

Tony
                    My Dr is running 24/7 .... the only problems i have are with dropped network or something ...nothing to do with vray.
                    Natty
                    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I have a question, when I use DR with xrefs, only the client renders the Xref as if it were there, the servers just render blank squares. Is this because I did not place the xref path in the slaves? I can't do that because the slaves do not have max workstation licences (they are only render slaves) so I cannot update the xref paths (unless I edit the 3dsmax.ini manually which is a chore). How does DR work with Vray proxies , anyone tried this yet? Thanks.

JG

Comment

Working...
                      X