Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to complete 1 interior rendering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take to complete 1 interior rendering?

Hi all,

I have sent this post because it took me 2 full days to model, map and light 1 view of an office interior and the rendering did not look half as nice as those in the gallery. The rendering for print also took 4h 30mins for a 3360 x 2310 resolution.

I would like to ask those reading, how long does it take for you to finish a
    perspective assigned to you? And also whta if the dateline given is half that time (but i guess minimum 1 day).

Comments please.

Thanks
    Mlchai31

Hi mlchai31,

As far as I am familiar with V-Ray, there are no formulas for the perfect image... It all depends on geometry, materials, maps, lightings and so on.
    As for You rendering time, 4h 1/2 can be much or less - depending on what I have mentioned...

I can make You a ball which needs 20h to be rendered, and can render a whole animation sequance for less than 20h... If You get my thought.

Best Regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

I just takes experience. The more you have, the closer you are to final quality as you work, and require less fiddling and testrenders. Id say 4hrs for print quality render isn't unheard of anyways. It all depends on the image.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

That sounds pretty good to me. Test renders I can squeak out in about 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour and finals as long as it runs less than 8-12hrs, one overnight, I'm not too concerned. I'd rather get my test renders down so I don't have downtime but I don't think that is an option. I just need another render machine.

My results as also lack lustre but think it is all what percy said. Someone else could make phenominal image in that amount of time and I am shooting to get there eventually.

Regards Peter.

Comment

ive seen natty do an office meeting room in 2 hours (including render time) man i hate him. i must really such in my modeling practices since it takes me a bit longer

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Mlchai31 - why don't you post the image. I'm always interested in how long it is taking other people to do an image. I'm sure others would also be interested and you can get some tips on setup etc etc.

Regards Peter.

Comment

Comments please. With attached settings.
              This image took 3h 40mins at 3360 x 2310 resolution, with a AMD athlon 64 bit processor, 2gb ram.

[/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

Its abit like saying how long is a piece of string.
                Like the others said it all depends.

You said you have a "AMD athlon 64 bit processor" that gives us no indication of the speed of the processor. What model is it?

Comment

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 processor.Custom built.

Also the missing settings.

Comment

Oops! 2.61ghz.

Comment

Working...
                    X