Adding another Vray License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding another Vray License

What is the process to add another vray lincense to an exisint account. Do we just buy another copy of vray then email chaos and ask them to add the lincese to our existing lincense server?

I'm not sure that is correct?

thanks,
    Z
    Chris
    The Revitlution

yep, thats right

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain
      yep, thats right
      cool thanks!
      Chris
      The Revitlution

Comment

Hi Guys,

Do we really buy another license? isnt we have 10 cpu license when we bought a copy of vray?

/Ryan
        if you find a bug...kill it.

Comment

I think that 10 cpu is only for DR

Marco
          Workstation Core i7 6900 - 32GB RAM - GeF970
          Dual Xeon E5-2630 - 32GB RAM

Comment

actually its 10 computer limit. not a limit on the processors. but there is only one work liscence. so basically in an office with two people only one person can use vray at a time. with two liscence a: two people can use vray at the same time and b: if they had 20 computers on their farm they can now use all on a DR. i think chaos should have 2 types of liscence packages. a work liscence extension to add anouther liscence which cost the same amount as getting 1 liscence. and the other type is a DR liscence extension which adds another 10 computer to the DR but doesnt add a work liscence. this package would cost less naturally. what do you think?

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Da elf, we have 12 machines in the renderfarm, and 2 Vray licenses. Yet when I do a DR render from my workstation, I can still only get 10 machines involved. I believe the windows 10 connection limit comes into play.

Comment

I believe its quite easy to get around that 10 connection limit within XP
                Just requires a few changes files.

Comment

do explain. although ive only got 3 computer...opps. 2, one just crapped out half an hour ago on me and if i cant figure out how to fix it tomorow then it will remain 2 i guess

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Cool, I will dig up the info tonight when i get home. (3 or so hours)

Whats wrong with your dead PC? hardware? software?

Comment

check take-5 ill explain there

Comment

found in discreet's forum:

"It seems that this is a new "feature" of XP SP2: it limits tcp connections to 10 ( type net config server in command prompt).
                        There's a hack to patch tcp.sys, and boost your max connections. You can download it on this page:
                        http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=tools but haven't tried it yet.

There's also another value you can change, that will probably help: the idle session timeout. By default it's 15min., but if you lower it (NET CONFIG SERVER /Autodisconnect:mm), perhaps it will close connections more rapidly to allow other connections.

So, who's gonna try this? "

Comment

Yeah i think thats pretty much the info I have at home.. or something awefully similar.

Comment

Hi guys,

I just wana make things clear. can i use DR if i buy another vray license? the purpose is that i could use vray simultaneously yet use DR for all rendering animations.

/Ryan
                            if you find a bug...kill it.

Comment

With 1 vray licence you can use DR
                              Having more than 1 vray licence just allows 2 or more people to setup a scene using vray within max... e.g. lighting and texturing.

Comment

Working...
                              X