Glass and reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass and reflections

With frensel checked and unlinked from refraction, can I not have IOR in refraction set to 1,0 and still have reflections? I do not want there to be refraction on the windows (simple plane of glass), this is why IOR is set to 1,0. Though the reflection IOR is set it 1,6. I guess my question is what would be the standard set up for a simple glass window? I do not seem to get reflections, or I get too much without transparency.

If you unlink it, you should get reflections. Make sure there is something to reflect in your glass, with planes this can be tricky as they only reflect a small part of the environment.
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

To use frensel reflections is it correct that the refraction IOR MUST be greater than 1.0? I am finding this to be the case.....if it is set to 1.0, there are no reflections....even with frensel unlinked.

Comment

Yes that is correct.
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Normally what we do to get reflections in flat glass is have a big spherical map in the environment slot for all of the objects and then a plane directly opposite the flat reflective surface turned off to gi and camera with the same map as the env so you get generaly reflections from the sphere map and higher detail reflections on the flat areas from the plane.

Comment

Working...
          X