Windows 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 64

Just got a dual processor, dual core machine with Windows XP64. Anyone know when there will be a version of VRay that can support 64 bit? Will it only be the standalone edition?

shane.

The plugin version is dependent on it's host, so when Max64 is available we should see a 64 bit version.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Anyone heard any news when that would happen?

Comment

nope

Comment

not only that but if you look 1 or two spots up you will see the sticky notice about that 64bit version of vray external.

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Shane - a bit of a digression but what kind of motherboard and chips?
            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

the word on the street is that there will be a point release of 64bit max in the near future.............
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

the word on the street says a lot of things i find. some true some false. Apparently Arnold S-Whats-His-Name is an alien from one of the moons of jupiter.

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

So for now installing XP64 will make no difference with Vray?

Comment

Only advantage is that you can use much more RAM than 2gb and that means no more exceptions. Thats good for me.
                    www.VisualizationStudio.com

Comment

Only advantage is that you can use much more RAM than 2gb and that means no more exceptions. Thats good for me.
                      I would like install win64 on my new dual-core system as well, extactly for this reason, but the IT guy at our office won't let me until he has "tested" win64 for a while he says. Can anyone offer me any arguments in the direction that installing win64 on one workstation in a network-environment of win XP is completely safe. (or not...)
                      Regards,
                      Erik N

"Second to the right and straight on 'till morning!"

Comment

hey guys, check out this thread along the same lines:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...556&highlight=

The consensus is that everything will run fine in winXP 64..
                        "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Time to get Windows64! Are there special hidden settings afterwards, or is the set up all automatic.....just install 64 with your 4 gb RAM and you will be using all the RAM?

Comment

ive never had any problems with winx xp64 since installing it a long time ago.

Comment

vray on x64

we are using vray 1.47 on max8 in win x64 with no major problems. it certainly fixes the ram limits we were running into with x32. Max has some big problems with x64 though.
                              not freeing memory is probably the worst. Alot of crashes. Were pretty sure they are max problems though.
                              we are usign dual opteron dual core 275s and dual xeon 3.4 computers with 6gb of ram. The Opteron is twice as fast as the xeon system in everything.

So you can use it, just be wary, it is a touch unstable, but for us well worth using.

Comment

Working...
                              X